Refund & Cancellation Policy for Diploma Programs
The following refund policy applies in the case of student withdrawal, course or program cancellation, or academy closure. Approved refunds are made within 30 days of the official day of cancellation or withdrawal. Should a student be terminated or withdrawn for any reason, all refunds will be made accordingly:
1. Should a student cancel or withdraw for any reason, written notification must be submitted to the school to the attention of the Registration Department at [email protected].
2. All refunds will be made (including $150.00 registration fee) if the applicant is not accepted by the school or if the student cancels within three (3) business days after making the initial payment.
3. Registration Fees apply to a specific start date for a diploma program or workshop. Therefore, the registration fee cannot be applied to a future diploma program or workshop.
4. After registering for a diploma program, cancellation after the third (3rd) Business Day, but before the first class, results in a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of the registration fee (not to exceed $150.00) and any books, uniforms, supplies, and/or products purchased.
5. For students enrolled in diploma programs, cancellation after attendance has begun, through 40% completion of a program, will result in a Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours. The school shall retain all earned tuition and the cost of any textbooks, materials, and exam fees. Cancellation after completing more than 40% of the program will result in no refund. For refund calculation purposes, a student’s last date of attendance shall be used to determine total hours taken toward a program’s total hours.
6. For students enrolled in workshops, cancellation after the third (3rd) Business Day, but more than seven (7) days before the first class, results in a refund of all monies paid, with the exception of the registration fee (not to exceed $150.00). Cancellation seven (7) or fewer days before the first day of class will result in no refund. If a student registers seven (7) days or less before the class start date, the $150.00 registration fee is non-refundable.
7. A student may apply previously paid tuition to another program pursuant to these policies within one year from the first scheduled class date of the original program. A student may apply tuition to another program only once.
8. Refunds will be made using the same payment method and to the same payee as the original tuition payment. Refunds by credit card will generally be refunded to the same credit card used to pay the tuition. Refunds by check or cash will be refunded by check.
9. All refunds will be made within 30 days of the date that the student withdraws or is administratively withdrawn. FAMA will determine that a student has withdrawn when we receive written notification from the student wishing to withdraw, when the student is absent from scheduled class for 8 consecutive days, and/or when the student fails to meet satisfactory academic progress requirements as defined in the Florida Academy of Medical Aesthetics Catalog.
10. Classes may be cancelled due to low enrollment. In such an instance, a full refund will be provided to all applicants who have enrolled in the cancelled program.