Temporary Lab Policy
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Effective Date: May 18th, 2020
FAMA will be gradually resuming academy activities on campus. The safety of our students and employees is our main priority, and so we have set forward the following policies and guidelines to ensure the safest, most effective education possible as you complete your licensure.
Monday = 9AM – 7PM
Tuesday = 9AM – 7PM
Wednesday = 9AM – 7PM
Thursday = 9AM – 7PM
Friday = 9AM – 7PM
Saturday = Closed
- The theory will continue to be held via Zoom.
- Clinical labs will be held on campus on specific days and by appointment only.
- All students are required to participate in the lab via zoom. Your teacher will give instruction on the procedures and discuss step by step protocols. You are encouraged to ask questions and actively participate.
Tuesday = Electrology
Wednesday = Laser
Thursday = Skincare
- Your teacher will schedule your lab appointments.
- A maximum of eight skincare students will be scheduled per lab appointment and a maximum of two electrology and laser students.
- All students are required to participate at least once per week for a lab session. You may request more hours if there is availability.
You may choose from the following times:
|SKINCARE 9AM||SKINCARE 6PM|
|ELECT/LASER 9AM||ELECT/LASER 6PM|
- Only students with scheduled lab appointments will be allowed on FAMA’s campus. We’re sorry but no friends or family are allowed for treatments at this time.
- Everyone is required to wear a face mask that covers your mouth and nose. Students will not be sent home otherwise.
*** If you do not have a mask, they are available for purchase on campus.
- You must arrive in a clean uniform, looking well-groomed.
- You must follow social distancing guidelines at all times (6 feet apart) except when performing a service.
- You must wear gloves at all times, especially when touching any back bar products.
- The administration reserves the right to perform temperature checks with an infrared thermometer on anyone entering the campus.
- Appointments can be refused at Administration’s discretion.
- There will be a sanitation station in each classroom, with hand sanitizer and other products.
- The bathroom will be available for your use, however, the kitchen is temporarily closed. Please be mindful of this as you will be here for a one or two hour period.
Daily Disinfection Guidelines
- Treatment beds will be wrapped in saran wrap to avoid contamination of sheets. After your lab, you are required to use amphyl to disinfect your bed and any tools or products that you used during your appointment.
- A “Cleaning Station” will be available for your convenience, where you can easily find amphyl, paper towels, sanitizer, and more.
- Dirty laundry such as facial towels should be placed directly into the dirty laundry bin. When handling dirty laundry, you must be wearing gloves.
- If you see more than one client during your appointment, you must wash your hands with warm soapy water for at least 20 seconds between clients.